FOR: SOCIETY OF INDUSTRIAL & OFFICE REALTORS
Contact: Patricia True Agos
KT Public Relations, Inc. (773) 758-5044
THE CHICAGO CHAPTER OF SOCIETY OF INDUSTRIAL & OFFICE REALTORS ANNOUNCES 14th ANNUAL CHAPTER AWARDS
(Chicago, IL) – The Chicago Chapter of the Society of Industrial and Office RealtorsÆ recently presented the 14th Annual Chapter Awards in a presentation held at Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse in Rosemont, Illinois on March 22, 2016. The program is designed to honor the organization’s prestigious Platinum Sponsors and SIOR members who completed transactions within the Chicago Chapter or with a Platinum Sponsor. The Chicago Chapter completed 119 cooperative transactions from 49 members and 12 Platinum Sponsors totaling $652,218,311 in consideration and comprising 20,875,155 square feet as well as 125 acres of land.
The awards were created by Joyce Slone, SIOR of Slone Commercial LLC (who has chaired the committee each year) to recognize those SIOR’s and sponsors for their outstanding achievement throughout the year as well as commend those that are committed to helping other SIOR’s reach their goals. The following are the individual awards for achievement in 2015.
• Intra Chapter – Largest number of transactions – Ron Behm, SIOR of Colliers International and David Bercu, SIOR, of Colliers International both with 19 transactions
• Largest Dollar Volume Industrial Building for lease – Ron Behm, SIOR and Jim Estus, SIOR of Colliers International for IAC leasing 130,980 square feet valued at $38,000,000 to Sky Chefs and was built by Platinum Sponsor, Krusinski Construction
• Largest Dollar Volume Industrial Build-to-Suit for lease with two Platinum Sponsors – Jason West, SIOR and Sean Henrick, SIOR of Cushman & Wakefield and Denise Weinmann, SIOR of RGV Commercial represented Platinum Sponsor Venture One who was the developer and Platinum Sponsor Clayco who was the contractor for the 978,120 square foot lease valued at $45,410,998 for the tenant, 3M.
• Largest Dollar Volume Transaction, Investment Sale with a Platinum Sponsor– George Cibula, SIOR of Darwin Realty represented Platinum Sponsor Venture One in the 14 building portfolio sale consisting of 804,745 square feet totaling $44,000,000
◦ Honorable Mention: Jim Estus, SIOR and David Kahnweiler, SIOR of Colliers International represented Platinum Sponsor Prologis for the sale of two buildings totaling 686,336 square feet valued at $41,000,000
• Largest Dollar Volume Transaction, Redevelopment with a Platinum Sponsor – Larry Much, SIOR of NAI Hiffman represented Platinum Sponsor DCT Industrial for a long term lease of an undisclosed tenant consisting of 189,987 square feet. DCT has purchased the building for redevelopment. Since signing the lease, DCT is leveling the building and had to purchase additional land contiguous to the site. Land and building purchases were a total of $65,000,000 in order to build the new building for the tenant. The lease value is not included in this transaction.
◦ Honorable Mention: Chris Lydon, SIOR of Cushman & Wakefield who represented Liberty Property Trust for a redevelopment project totaling 235,781 square feet valued at $38,700,000
• Largest Dollar Volume Transaction, Redevelopment with Two Platinum Sponsors – Platinum Sponsor, Venture One, brought a 277,562 square foot building at 2801 S. Western in Chicago; Platinum Sponsor, Keeley Construction redeveloped the building. Sally Macoicz, SIOR and Larry Goldwasser, SIOR of Cushman & Wakefield represented the redeveloped building for lease and the sale to Heitman for $30,280,000.
• Largest Dollar Volume Transaction, Industrial – BTS for Lease with a Platinum Sponsor – Adam Roth, SIOR and Dan Leahy, SIOR of NAI Hiffman represented Platinum Sponsor CenterPoint Properties for the 1,388,690 square foot build-to-suit valued at $67,057,174
• Largest Dollar Volume Land Transaction with a Platinum Sponsor – Vern Schultz, SIOR and Mike Senner, SIOR of Colliers International represented Platinum Sponsor, Prologis for the 41.39 acre sale valued at $17,080,000
• Most Transactions Completed by a Platinum Sponsor with Chicago SIOR members – Prologis with 40 transactions, totaling $165,527,496 with 25 members.
◦ Honorable Mention: Venture One with 30 transactions totaling $156,857,916 with 15 members
The Society of Industrial and Office Realtors® is the leading professional commercial and industrial real estate association. With just under 3,100 members in more than 630 cities in 34 countries, the Society represents today’s most knowledgeable, experienced and successful commercial real estate brokerage specialists. To learn more about the Society, contact www.sior.com or the Chicago Chapter at www.siorchicago.com.
Front Row – Left to Right:
Mark Goode, SIOR of Venture One Real Estate; Ron Behm, SIOR of Colliers International; Larry Much, SIOR of NAI Hiffman; Joyce Slone, SIOR of Slone Commercial and SIOR Chicago Chapter Awards Chairperson; Roy Splansky, SIOR of Venture One Real Estate; Adam Roth, SIOR of NAI Hiffman and 2016 President of the SIOR Chicago Chapter; and Kevin Scott, Prologis
Back Row – Left to Right:
Jess Knigge, DCT Industrial; Rob Duncan, DCT Industrial; Denise Weinmann, SIOR of RGV Commercial, Michael Robinson, DCT Industrial; Dan Leahy, SIOR of NAI Hiffman
Not pictured: David Bercu, SIOR, Colliers International; Jim Estus, SIOR, Colliers International; Representative from Krusinski Construction; Jason West, SIOR, Cushman & Wakefield; Sean Henrick, SIOR, Cushman & Wakefield; Representative from Clayco; Bill and Sean Keeley, Keeley Construction; Sally Macoicz, SIOR, Cushman & Wakefield; Larry Goldwasser, SIOR, Cushman & Wakefield; Vern Schultz, SIOR, Colliers International; and Mike Senner, SIOR, Colliers International